International Development Finance Intern – Summer 2018
Enclude is seeking a graduate intern to support business development and project execution in our Washington, DC office during the Summer of 2018. Must have US work authorization.
Enclude (www.encludesolutions.com) is an advisory firm dedicated to building more inclusive and sustainable local economies. We provide integrated capacity and capital services that help clients and partners design, connect, finance and build solutions that generate sustainable business results and positive social and environmental outcomes. Enclude’s committed professionals work in four registered offices (Netherlands, United States, United Kingdom, Pakistan) and in project locations across the world, including Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe and Central Asia.
Enclude’s internship program offers an opportunity to work with leading practitioners of inclusive and sustainable development, and an organization that places high value on innovation; integrity and excellence; respect and inclusion of all employees; teamwork; and continuous learning.
Interns with Enclude will sharpen skills essential to careers in consulting, development and finance by supporting Enclude’s practices around the world.
The Summer 2018 intern will support the preparation and submission of proposals for consulting projects and deliverables on ongoing projects, and contribute to company-wide or practice-specific projects. There will be 1 such position available this year for graduate-level students. This is a paid internship, with salary of $6,400 for the ten week period. The intern will be expected to work 40 hours per week.
Intern responsibilities may include but will not be limited to:
- Conducting research on small business banking, microfinance and digital financial services for underserved markets in developing countries around the world;
- Researching country economic and investment climates, including specific financial sector trends, and key players in local markets;
- Writing sections in proposals, reports and concept papers upon request;
- Translating business documents into French, and/or writing some sections in French;
- Assisting with development of project budgets;
- Supporting field-based projects with research, data analysis and project management activities;
- Assisting in the collection, analysis and synthesis of market or institutional assessment data;
- Contributing to development of project deliverables, such as quarterly reports, work plans, training materials, interim and final presentations, strategy recommendations, business plans, etc.;
- Collecting, editing and formatting all documents necessary to put together winning bids for international development projects;
- Completing special projects as needed, such as:
- development of tools and templates for more efficient project management,
- creating tailored marketing materials or project pitches, or
- development of financial models and analysis templates for debt funds, microfinance institutions, or small business loan portfolios.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication, technical writing, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Well honed visual communication skills; mastery of PowerPoint, experience with Prezio strongly desired;
- Quantitative aptitude and understanding of financial concepts and analysis, coupled with advanced Excel skills;
- Detail orientation and accuracy, with the ability to organize and deliver high quality analytical and written work against firm deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Entrepreneurial orientation, able to take a project from idea to execution, and comfortable working in ambiguous or rapidly changing situations;
- Interest in and commitment to international development finance and Enclude’s triple-bottom-line mission; and
- Passion, enthusiasm and drive for results.
Highly valued, but not required:
- Data visualization, graphic design skills a significant advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken French, with knowledge of business and finance terminology;
- Banking or lending experience;
- Financial modeling skills and experience;
- Experience working in a developing country in an international development context;
- Exposure to consulting.
The International Development Finance Internship will be based out Enclude’s Washington, DC office, beginning as soon as possible and lasting 10 weeks. All interns will be held to confidentiality and non-disclosure policies of Enclude. Available in DC immediately.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com by Friday, June 15, 2018. Applications without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered.